Sunday, January 01, 2006

2006 Gator Bowl


I'm off to the 2006 Gator Bowl to help that young lady cheer on my Virginia Tech Hokies and hang out with about a dozen of my closest friends in (ugh) Jacksonville, FL. At least I'll be driving a convertible, hanging out at the best darn Irish pub (Lynch's), and seeing Virginia Tech play live for the third time this year.

Downside? I don't think I can play the $100K GTD tomorrow on Bodog, and there's no $17.5 so I think I'm out of poker for the day. So much lost EV. So sad. I think I'll surivive.

Edit: 35-24 Hokies! 'Bout time. I've been to 8 straight bowl games and, until this one, haven't seen a win since New Year's Eve 2002.

6 Comments:

Blogger Hrbek said...

Go Hokies!

(Wife is a Hokie, I lived with Hokies, I am Hokie country, the 2 year old girl sees orange and maroon and says "Hokies")

So go hokies!

6:39 PM, January 01, 2006  
Blogger Steven said...

Sweet!! Go Hokies.

I lived in Richmond during Jan-Mar of 1998 and 1999 by the way.

6:48 PM, January 01, 2006  
Blogger Hrbek said...

You escaped. Good work. ;-)

10:00 PM, January 01, 2006  
Blogger Steven said...

Sly, I'm a hoke. Nuff said. ;-)

11:59 PM, January 02, 2006  
Blogger Hrbek said...

hokie hokie hokie hi
go vpi

mrcs. vick is a disgrace... wait, no, he fits in ...

you getting tired of beamer saying, "this is not virginia tech football" now re vick and ellis and jimmy williams posing etc.? lots of talking going down there.

9:42 PM, January 05, 2006  
Blogger Steven said...

I'm a Marcus fan. A personal foul is no reason to kick someone off the team.

10:09 AM, January 06, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home