Sunday, January 01, 2006

Bodog: Love it.

Have ADD?

Bodog is here to help.

You literally have 10 seconds to check, call, or bet.

How fast is that? I folded QQ and AKs in the 17.5 GTD because I didn't get my bet in fast enough. It's THAT fast.

Chris Ferguson would lose his freakin mind. The great thing is you really don't have time to second guess yourself and you can do a tournament in half the time.

Oh, and did I mention OVERLAYS. If you call yourself a serious poker player and aren't playing on Bodog I have some news for you: You don't understand poker. Harsh? Yes. True? Also yes.

Why such a strong statement?

Poker is about two things: 1) people and 2) math - specifically expected value. That's it. You want your money in the middle when your read of the people and the odds tells you that you have positive EV.

How does EV relate to Bodog? One word: Over-FREAKING-lay.

They apparently can't attract enough players to fill their guaranteed tournaments. The $100K last Sunday only had $50K of player money in it. So if you can actually play the game they call poker you are automatically making 100% EV in profit. This may not be technically sound, but that's how I see it.

It also helps that I have some coin in my bankroll thanks to them, but that's beside the point.

1 Comments:

Blogger Steven said...

Indeed they do. And if you don't want to risk a large amount of money you can satellite in for as low as $1 in the "Cheap Seat" tournies that start on Tuesdays every week I believe.

12:01 AM, January 03, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home