Friday, December 30, 2005

Guilty Pleasures

Ok, this is really hard for me to admit. I let poker get personal. I shouldn't have been playing tonight, but my nemesis Will was in the FTF room. He berates me every time I play. I should ignore it, but he either is really bothered by me or he's just playing good poker by knocking me off my game. So, I see him playing and I add just enough money so that I can take all of his. The night was pretty boring except for the silent presence of @ray for a little while. Then this little hand happened along...


Full Tilt Poker Game #359763583: Table FullTiltForum.com - $0.10/$0.25 - No Limit Hold'em - 1:15:43 ET - 2005/12/30

Seat 4: willw9 ($21.55) <--- will's stack
Seat 5: Virge ($23.65) (see that amount, it's just enough to take Will's stack)

*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Virge [Ac Tc] (blah hand, but I'll play it because I'm loose like that)

willw9 calls $0.25 (he's not really happy with this hand, but he'll play it, probably on the hope that I'll play too)

Virge raises to $0.75 (why do I raise with my blah hand? because that's my job)

willw9 calls $0.50 (will calls because it's me, and I could be raising with pp 2 or 7 2 o, he knows that)
*** FLOP *** [Td 6h 5c] (nice, no flush draw, I'm probably good with TPTK here, but i'm not positive)
willw9 checks
Virge bets $0.75
willw9 calls $0.75
*** TURN *** [Td 6h 5c] [Ts] (very nice)
willw9 checks
Virge has 15 seconds left to act
Virge bets $0.85 (ok, I bet because why? it's my job, but I don't wanna drive him out either just yet, maybe he'll take this as weakness and come after me)
willw9 raises to $4.85
Virge raises to $22.15, and is all in (y? because I'm gonna. And he's seen me pull this crap with 5 2 on a QJT board into the teeth of a made top set)
willw9 calls $15.20, and is all in (very nice)
Virge shows [Ac Tc]
willw9 shows [Th Qd] (outkicked, imagine that)
*** RIVER *** [Td 6h 5c Ts] [Ks]
Virge shows three of a kind, Tens
willw9 shows three of a kind, Tens
Virge wins the pot ($41.30) with three of a kind, Tens
willw9 is sitting out



Now the commentary afterwards...

Virge: ouch
1968dartgts: ouch
willw9: nh
Virge: ty
SlySelea: n1 virge
willw9: good night
willw9 stands up
SlySelea: night will
---- one non-interesting hand here ----
Virge: night will
Virge: did that just happen sly?
SlySelea: yes sir
---several non-interesting hands ensue---
Virge: i'm giddy
SlySelea: you can quicher snickering now (I love this guy)
SlySelea: lol
SlySelea is feeling happy
Virge: ok sly, I can't help it
Virge: i love playing with you and all
Virge: but you know that hand is the only reason I showed up
SlySelea: lol
SlySelea: i know
Virge: later sly
SlySelea: night virge

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home