Sunday, July 23, 2006

FTP $10+$1 SNGs: So Far, So Blah


Nothing to brag about so far. In 3 of these (#'s 1, 3, 6) I've made some bad decisions. The first one I had the computer failure issue, and I wasn't mentally in the game when I came back, but those are the risks you take when playing online. My computer crapped out in #7 and I still came in 2nd. I think I only made one or two mistakes, and none of them were outcome determinative. If I didn't run into AK in the BB all-in with AQ in the SB 4-handed I think I would have had a shot at winning. As it ended up I had 10% of the winner's stack when we were headsup. Not fun.

In number 4 I got all of my money in with QQ against a loose player with AQo, and of course he caught his ace. Nothing you can do about that.

In number 7, a friend called for dinner when it was 4-handed. I was kinda short and got cute with KJ against A7s. I had enough to sit around for a while, and I was better than the other players so there's no excuse for that.

All-in-all I'm convinced that I'm better than 80% of the players in these things. The only problem I see, besides the mental lapses, is that I have ALWAYS been the shortest stack (though not critical) 4-handed. I think I need to become more aggressive stealing blinds a round or two earlier. Early on I always show down premium hands, and my steals never get called except by monsters until very late, so I can probably start just a little earlier.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home