Saturday, July 22, 2006

July Ironman: Bronze Qualified


Well, I did it, finally. The sad thing is I had 50 points for 19 days straight and then crapped out on day 20 (home from work late, then had to take a trip to Wal-Greens). Fortunately, I made it on day 21, although I had to "cheat" a bit. (xferred a bit so I could play more tables and qualify faster)

My next goal is becoming profitable at the $10+$1 SNGs. It's not that I am unprofitable at them now, but I haven't proven to myself that I can play them consistently well. The reason I went for the the Bronze Freeroll wasn't because I NEEDED a freeroll, there are a lot less grueling ways to play in a $15K tourney. I wanted to prove to myself that I could play cash games every day and do it fairly well. I have to say that was only partly met. I had a 3 day period of absolutely horrendous tilt. Without that I would have been satisfactorily profitable. But considering the amount of time I had to play every day to qualify, and my state of mind during those times (normally dead tired from being at the office 11-14 hours), I'm pretty darn happy.

However, I think my best chance at being successful in poker is playing tournaments. I just get more amped up for a tournament for some reason, and I play at my best when I'm completely engrossed in the thrill of the chase. There are other reasons I like tournaments too, but I'll save those for another post.

By the way, the Bronze Freeroll is Saturday, August 12 at 3:30 Central. Wish me luck.

1 Comments:

Blogger Steven said...

Sly! Thanks for stopping by.

8:29 PM, July 23, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home