Tuesday, July 11, 2006

FTP Ring: Tough Call...or Not?

I've had a very rough two days at .25/.50. The AK bad beat apparently had some after effects that included two very bad calls, but I'll post about that later. The point is I was feeling a bit beat, and my FTP balance was back to even for the month, when this hand came along.

My question is whether it really was a tough call, or was I just being timid?

Seat 1: ToddWilkinson ($141.55)
Seat 2: rockin dr ($49.40)
Seat 3: Virge ($64.05)
Seat 9: DaScotsman ($46.30)
DaScotsman posts the small blind of $0.25
ToddWilkinson posts the big blind of $0.50
The button is in seat #8
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Virge [Qd Qc]
rockin dr raises to $1 <-- min raise from first position, no read on player, so I assume a monster
Virge calls $1 <--- still EP, good hand, but not that great in EP with suspicious activity already
DaScotsman calls $0.75
ToddWilkinson calls $0.50
*** FLOP *** [Qs 3d As]
DaScotsman checks
ToddWilkinson checks
rockin dr bets $3 <--- small bet, not sure if that's weakness or...
Virge raises to $7
DaScotsman folds
ToddWilkinson folds
rockin dr calls $4 <-- just a call, interesting
*** TURN *** [Qs 3d As] [Kd]
rockin dr checks
Virge bets $14
rockin dr has 15 seconds left to act
rockin dr calls $14 <--- this still feels like aces, or now AK to me
*** RIVER *** [Qs 3d As Kd] [Ad] <--- uh oh
rockin dr bets $27.40, and is all in <-- now I'm worried
Virge has 15 seconds left to act <--- it took me almost the whole time, I finally decided AJ
Virge calls $27.40
*** SHOW DOWN ***
rockin dr shows [Ac Tc] (three of a kind, Aces) <--- whew, close, one kicker off.
Virge shows [Qd Qc] (a full house, Queens full of Aces)

Virge wins the pot ($97.80) with a full house, Queens full of Aces
rockin dr is sitting out
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot $100.80 Rake $3
Seat 2: rockin dr showed [Ac Tc] and lost with three of a kind, Aces
Seat 3: Virge showed [Qd Qc] and won ($97.80) with a full house, Queens full of Aces

Any thoughts? Afterwards he said he was looking for a J, nice odds with no implied value.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That call is pretty automatic for me, if he played his AK that way I'm pry getting my money back from him over time; if he has AQ, bite me dealer, waddaya gunna do.

Might be worth the effort, long-term value-wise, to actually record for a while how often min. raise == monster.

As Freud (would have) said, "Sometimes a min raise is just a min raise."

:)

11:47 AM, July 11, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home