Monday, July 24, 2006

Poker Stars $50+$5 SNG



So after crashing a few times playing on FTP I decided to call it a night for actually playing and check out the SNGs on Party and Stars. I like the structure on Party a lot better since it's 10 handed. Adding one more player makes for more than a 10% jump in the prize pool, which over times basically gives you back the rake (the rake is 10% of the entry).

There was no one sitting at the $50+$5 on Stars and I apparently had $69 left over from my tourney days in Dec. 2005 so I decided to sit to see if anyone else would--no intention of actually playing above my roll. I waited forever and there was NO ONE. I got up to do somethings and I heard those vaguely familiar PS noises coming from my computer. I apparently had just got myself into a tourney. Might as well win it right?

I have to say that the play at the $50 SNGs on Stars was noticeably WORSE than the $10 play on FTP. I played a great game up until heads up I think, although I was probably too passive with the big stack playing 4 handed.

My favorite hand is below. There was actually some complex thought to this one, but it's too late to write it all out now. I played a hand with KK almost exactly this way at the Venetian $1/$3 table to take down a $450 pot...except that I got CALLED when I went all in on the turn. Dude called me down with an inside straight draw... I had two of his outs. It takes some cahones to pull this move, if you get caught you look like a donk that can't lay down a big pocket pair:

$50+$5 Hold'em No Limit - Level V (75/150) - 2006/07/24 - 03:58:51 <--- A tad late Seat 4: AustinHokie (4575 in chips) Seat 5: badabingdj (5725 in chips) Conniemac: posts small blind 75 AustinHokie: posts big blind 150 *** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to AustinHokie [Kh Kc] <-- voila!
badabingdj: calls 150
Actually....: folds Conniemac: folds
AustinHokie: raises 350 to 500
badabingdj: calls 350
*** FLOP *** [As 9d 7d] <--- NOT what you want to see.
AustinHokie: bets 800 <--- let's see if they're still good
badabingdj: calls 800 <--- No bueno
*** TURN *** [As 9d 7d] [9h]
AustinHokie: checks
badabingdj: bets 1050 <-- sigh... now I go into the "tank"
AustinHokie: raises 2225 to 3275 and is all-in <--- I'm either a genius or a donk
badabingdj: folds <--- he thinks for friggin ever
AustinHokie collected 4775 from pot <--- Austin Hokie is a genius
AustinHokie: doesn't show hand <--- heck no
*** SUMMARY ***Total pot 4775 Rake 0 Board [As 9d 7d 9h]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home