Sunday, July 29, 2007

Welcome to Frustration, TX: Population 2


I played the 50/50 on FullTilt today simultaneously with the 14k.  I was in short-stack mode for quite a while after the bubble in the 50/50, but managed to double up with JJ > TT, and then made a really aggressive move with AQ to take down another huge pot in the very next hand.  It took me a second to realize, but I had gone from near last to tenth in two hands.  I stole some blinds, won a few flops, and I was chip leader. (!)

Then I went card and spot dead (i.e., no cards compounded with no good looking spots to bluff).  After getting backed down twice by a maniac (I think he went out on last two tables with K7, paired 7's for middle pair v an overpair) with a big enough stack to hurt me I decided to go stealthy for a while.  He was on my left, and seemed content to push in any time I make my standard preflop raise, so... whattya gonna do.  Anyway, I pick up QQ and make my standard raise.  Shorter stack in Big Blind calls, and the flop comes T high with two spades.  I bet 2/3 pot, and the shorter stack pushes, I'm almost never folding here against a random player.  Anyway, he obviously had the monster Jack high flush draw and hit his spade on river.  So now I'm down to 11th, but still in good shape.

Nothing exciting happens in the meantime really. I switch from stealing blinds to restealing against the Jack High flush guy and his new found monster stack. He folds every time he raised my blind and I pushed.  Although, he did make some scarrrrrrry threats:

McNallyville raises to 12,500
Virge raises to 69,267, and is all in
McNallyville has 15 seconds left to act
McNallyville: one of these times virge
McNallyville folds
ColdE (Observer): yeah but not this time  <-- love this guy

So, on final table bubble I'm playing pretty darn tight still because the chip leader has moved one seat over on my left and is a restealin machine (mbn to have table covered).  I pick up AcKc in early position, and I knew I wasn't folding. I raise my standard amount, and the Jack High guy in the big blind pushes... let's just say I ain't folding.  I snap call and he shows Ad3d.  Flops fine, turns fine, no 3, no straight or flush draws for Jack High boy. And then, obviously, the river is a 3.  GG me, ighn, final table bubbling is fun!

Anyway, nice 1,200% ROI for the turny, and obviously up on the day, but it's frustrating to lose those two pots when 1) you get you're money in pretty darn good, and 2) you know the damage you could have done at a final table with the stack you would have had by dodging the suckout in either one of those pots.

Oh, the other resident of Frustration, TX tonight? My poor mouse. First time in a couple of months that I slammed my mouse after a suckout.  Fortunately, it survived.

Now, on to take down the $4,000 pot limit holdem and/or $7,500 no limit holdem.  

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home